Monday, July 26, 2010

"The Easiest Chocolate Ice Cream...Ever", no machine required, thanks to David Lebovitz

Just thought I'd share this ice cream recipe from David Lebovitz that popped up in my in-box. It is a nice way to make ice cream without an ice cream maker, and you don't need to open the freezer 20 times to stir it. It contains alcohol, which is what keeps the ice cream from freezing solid. He writes with wit and pleasure, so is always fun to read. Notice the 196 word instructions on how to peel a banana, and then the disclosure to follow.

This is a good recipe to use as a base for experimentation. Have fun!
photo by David Lebovitz

2 comments:

  1. Thank you Tagan, I can't wait to make this. Belive me it will be sitting in my freezer soon. Alida

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saw my sister Katie this past weekend, and she said she has been making this ice cream every week since this post, and it is great!

    ReplyDelete