Saturday, March 23, 2013

Passover 2013

This year my mother is doing most of the passover cooking. My grandma is saying the soup pot is too heavy for her, so I'm on matzo ball soup duty, and while I usually jockey for as much space as possible on the dessert portion of the menu, last week's Pie Party pushed me over the edge on sweets, so I'm leaving that up to everyone else this year. If you are looking for some passover menu inspiration, you can check some of my favorites, including some good vegetarian dishes, the basics on chicken soup and a great chocolate sweet potato cake and almond cardamom cake HERE (my essay on passover and slavery from a few years back starts off the post). 

Here are some other good recipe hunting spots:

Epicurious - tons of recipes - it helps to read a few reviews to see which recipes seem like ones you'll like.

NY Times - A long list of passover recipes including sephardic dishes

Smitten Kitchen - Chocolate Hazelnut Macaroon Torte, and I fully agree with her distaste for matzo meal in anything but matzoball soup....

  
For those of you gathering for a Seder, I hope you have a peaceful, contemplative and delicious time.
-Tagan



No comments:

Post a Comment